We take a look at scientific studies to find the best possible music selections for trading. Including: before the start of your session, during the trading session, during particularly stressful times and while you are learning. This will increase your focus and reduce your stress and anxiety.
Weightless – Marconi Union: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYnA9wWFHLI
Presented by Nicholas Puri
♛ JOIN US – LEARN TO TRADE FOR FREE ♛
Join our free Inner Circle to get access to our 4-part video mini-series teaching you the foundations of our method.
► RECOMMENDED FOR YOU ◄
• The Great Trader series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZKTeqmMYS4&list=PLnLi8MK-orCHVYoi_ilh-EEvTPmF6aW2O
• Trader motivation videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8xD_hRiDyg&list=PLnLi8MK-orCE4H73r9uiGxevo6OxY0YHX
• That Time I Lost a Massive Trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqcwptHQH0&list=PLnLi8MK-orCFTsbOZDRgqRnxUZL9XhCux&index=9
• When to Exit a Trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVVpUBorsTI&list=PLnLi8MK-orCFTsbOZDRgqRnxUZL9XhCux&index=6
• Duomo Trading Podcast: http://bit.ly/DuomoPodcast
⚑ SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL ⚑
Daily videos about the financial markets, trading, investing, economics and other finance related topics: https://bit.ly/DuomoYouTube
(Pro tip: don’t forget to switch on notifications so you don’t miss anything).
★ CHECK OUT OUR FULL ONLINE COURSE ★
Learn our exclusive method in full. 15 hours of video lessons, detailed text modules and lifetime access to our members forum.
More info: http://bit.ly/DuomoCourse
✎ CONNECT WITH US ✎
• Website: https://www.duomoinitiative.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/duomoinitiative
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/duomoinitiative
• Nicholas Puri Twitter: https://twitter.com/nikipuri
• Instagram: https://instagram.com/duomoinitiative
• Members Forum: https://forum.duomoinitiative.com/
• Email: email@example.com
– Daniel Kahneman, Attention and Effort, (Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1973)
– Peter Tze-Ming Chou, “Attention Drainage Effect: How Background Music Effects Concentration in Taiwanese College Students” Journal Of The Scholarship Of Teaching And Learning 10, no. 1 (January 1, 2010): 36-46
– Young, Ethan and Nolan, Jay (2015) “Effects of Music Genre on Simple and Simulated Task Switching,” International Social Science Review: Vol. 91: Iss. 2, Article 2. Available at: http://digitalcommons.northgeorgia.edu/issr/vol91/iss2/2
– Fontained, C and Schwalm, N (1979) “Effects of Familiarity of Music on Vigilant Performance” Journal of Perceptual and Motor Skills : Vol 49 Iss 1. Available at : http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pms.19188.8.131.52#articleCitationDownloadContainer
– Smith, W. (1961) “Effects of Industrial Music in a Work Situation Requiring Complex Mental Activity” Psychological Reports, Vol 8, Iss 1. Available at: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.2466/pr0.19184.108.40.206?journalCode=prxa#articleCitationDownloadContainer
– Shih, Y, Huang, R, & Chiang, H 2012, ‘Background music: Effects on attention performance’, Work, 42, 4, pp. 573-578, Business Source Ultimate, EBSCOhost, viewed 24 September 2017.
– Rong-Hwa, H, & Yi-Nuo, S 2011, ‘Effects of background music on concentration of workers’, Work, 38, 4, pp. 383-387, Business Source Ultimate, EBSCOhost, viewed 24 September 2017.
– Burnett, D. (2016) ‘ Does music really help you concentrate’. The Guardian. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/aug/20/does-music-really-help-you-concentrate
– Yi-Nuo, S, Wei-Hsien, C, & Han-sun, C 2016, ‘Elucidating the relationship between work attention performance and emotions arising from listening to music’, Work, 55, 2, pp. 489-494, Business Source Ultimate, EBSCOhost, viewed 24 September 2017.
– Fenton-O’Creevy, M., Soane, E., Nicholson, N. and Willman, P. (2011), Thinking, feeling and deciding: The influence of emotions on the decision making and performance of traders. J. Organiz. Behav., 32: 1044–1061. doi:10.1002/job.720
– Wendy E. J. Knight, Nikki S. Rickard, PhD; Relaxing Music Prevents Stress-Induced Increases in Subjective Anxiety, Systolic Blood Pressure, and Heart Rate in Healthy Males and Females, Journal of Music Therapy, Volume 38, Issue 4, 1 December 2001, Pages 254–272, https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/38.4.254
– Valerie N. Stratton, Annette H. Zalanowski; The Relationship Between Music, Degree of Liking, and Self-Reported Relaxation, Journal of Music Therapy, Volume 21, Issue 4, 1 December 1984, Pages 184–192, https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/21.4.184
– Ward, S. (2009) High performance trading. Petersfield, Hampshire, Great Britain, Harriman House
– Mcdonald, Jordan (2013) “The Effect of Music Preference on Complex Task Performance,” Global Tides: Vol. 7, Article 10. Available at: http://digitalcommons.pepperdine.edu/globaltides/vol7/iss1/10